Search for content in message boards

My Canyon County, Idaho, Headstone Photos and Obits Website

Replies: 1

My Canyon County, Idaho, Headstone Photos and Obits Website

Posted: 1185078222000
Classification: Cemetery
Just leaving a note to let you know about my website of free headstone photos and obits for Canyon County, Idaho. At this time I have about 14,500 names that have matching headstone photos, and an ever growing number of obits. The photos and obits will be sent by email.

Please, Please when you get to the homepage read the it fully before continuing on. The list that is shown is NOT all the names in any one cemetery, simply the names with headstone photos. So if you can't see your Aunt Mildred's name on the list, it doesn't mean she isn't buried in that cemetery. There are a list of about 12 cemeteries in the county. Because of the way I take the photos, by sections of the cemeteries, I very much regret to say that I don't do requests. I try to find maiden and middle names and include those on the names, hence it isn't an exact match to what is stated on the headstone, but I have tried to add name info to help researchers.
One additional reminder. If the names are highlighted in red and state "More Info" then it is a link to an obit or other info. I also have a large list of what I call "Orphan Obits". These are obits of people that I don't have on my headstone photo list BUT they are still buried in Canyon County. Because of the convenience of using the Caldwell library and since they only have microfilm of the Caldwell newspaper, this is the only newspaper I am using to gather the obits.

I also get a bunch of photos or obits, or both together and then add to the website at once. I have a website update mailing list if you don't see your relative and wish to know when the website is updated. All new names will be sent to each on the mailing list.

Well, I kinda carried on here but I have spent a LOT of time building this website and have had a great time with all the response I have had. Great stories from people and great satisfaction with all the help it has been for others. Hope it will help you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Dennis McIndo... 1185078222000 
jofrederiksen 1515854164000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic