Search for content in message boards

Parents of Nancy ( nane Croatan, aldrich) Morris

Replies: 0

Parents of Nancy ( nane Croatan, aldrich) Morris

Posted: 1354047171000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morris, aldrich, Ray, Connelly, Black, Garrett, Long, Henry,Smith, McDowell, Shaw
Hi there i am still trying to find out about my great grandma English name Nancy Aldrich, native name Nane Croatan. She was born 9-19-1874. She is the distant cousin of Big Chief Eagle from the Golden Hill's Tribe in Ct. I have a copy of the orginal that The cheif and written stating that she was full Cherokee, midwife and medicine woman to her tribe. It also states that she married 2 men by the name of Morris and lived as a white woman forever more. I also have found her in the 188o census at the age of 5 years old in s. c. up till her death. Then i talked to a 2nd cousin a few times and in around about way she said that her parents in the census were not her real parents. so the only thing i can come up with is she was adopted into the Aldrich family when she was born. Any help with this would really be appreciated. i have been doing this since 1999 and can't find anything on her except what i put. Thank you ahead of time Pam

Find a board about a specific topic