Search for content in message boards

RIPPEL/RIPPLE, Charles A: MO>IN>VA>GA

Replies: 3

RIPPEL/RIPPLE, Charles A: MO>IN>VA>GA

Posted: 18 Mar 2005 7:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for any descendants (or relatives) of Charles A. RIPPEL Jr.

Charles was born about 1889 in Missouri to Charles Augustus RIPPEL Sr.(Gus)and Sarah A. HIATT, I believe. The two known siblings are John A. RIPPEL Sr. and Robert W. RIPPEL (Bobby).

The RIPPEL family were showmen for years and had a circus named the RIPPEL Bros. Show. They may have also worked for other traveling groups. This makes them hard to track down.

Known locations:

1890s St. Joseph,Buchanan Co., Missouri

1910 census Brazil, Clay Co., Indiana (before this they were traveling in Indiana and elsewhere.)

1920 census Taylor Magesterial Dist., Orange Co., Virginia (Charles Jr. and family are found living with another show family, the LEEs)

1930 census Iron City,Seminole Co., Georgia (Charles Jr. and family, still listed as "Showman") (Charles' brother Robert "Bobby" died in Augusta, GA 24 Feb 1929 when an automobile hit a street car)

Wives on the census are listed as Mabel and Margaret.

Children listed are: Violet, Virginia, Lovella B., and William A.

If any of this sounds familiar, please contact me. My husband has not known much of his extended family. I can provide some additional clues about Charles A. Sr. (and other wives), John and Robert and families. We descend from John.

Kathy REID RIPPEL
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
twinmom221 19 Mar 2005 2:09AM GMT 
MargieLindset... 29 Feb 2008 3:53AM GMT 
twinmom223 29 Feb 2008 4:55AM GMT 
jessicatucker... 16 Jan 2011 4:40AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic