Search for content in message boards

James M Bridges of Henry Co GA and later Carroll County, GA

Replies: 0

James M Bridges of Henry Co GA and later Carroll County, GA

Posted: 1509035036000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bridges, Presley, Brown,Sims, Lewis
Tracy
I am intrigued with your research on the Bridges. My GG Grandfather was married to Mary Matilda Presley, her father Elijah Presley married Lucy Inaz Brown Presley. My James M Presley is found in the Henry County Census living with the Presley's as a laborer. He married their daughter Mary Matilda in 1833 in Henry Co. Sometime in the 1850's they moved to Carroll County. Elijah died in the 1850's and Lucy lived with the Bridges family until James's death and then lived with her Granddaughter and husband David W Sims. The estate of James was very large for that time. Their are numerous records of land purchase and sale in both Henry and Carroll County.

I do not know who the parents of James are and have been searching for a clue for many years. I am trying to resolve the issue of who his parents were. I know that his is a descendant of James "the Spy" due to my DNA test. Jeannie Bridges Lewis and I are perfect DNA matches and her father's name was Burrell. He died within the past year and lived in Spartenburg SC. I would greatly appreciate any help you could find tying our family together as well as any info about whom the parents of James M Bridges might be. 1870 Census records show James M Bridges living in Carroll County, GA fairly near Bowden and/or Carrollton.
Thank you very much for any help.
Graham Bridges/putter@gvtc.com
Boerne, TX

Find a board about a specific topic