Search for content in message boards

William C Thomas who died in the Civil War 11th infantry

Replies: 1

William C Thomas who died in the Civil War 11th infantry

Posted: 1436934135000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1436937063000
Looking for any information anyone has on a William C Thomas who served in the confederate Georgia 11th Infantry. He came in as a Private and was a Sergeant as he died. I found this site talking about him:

http://www.murraycountymuseum.com/mf102.html

Though they clearly mix him up, William C Thomas apparent died in Virginia, they mention finding court records about that, however the William Thomas father of David in the census records mentioned is alive in the 1870 and 1880 census records.

I have an ancestor on his marriage record in Gilmer County Georgia he is named "William C Thomas" and married Amanda Langston, he was born around 1837 and a family story is he died during the Civil War. I have yet to confirm a record for him (a lot of Williams). The William C Thomas mentioned was in Company C which was recruited from Murray County Georgia. My William C was living in Gilmer County Georgia in 1860 which is bordering Murray and his father and mother were living in Murray County in 1860 so I think it's possible it's him.

The site specifically mentioned records from Murray County Courthouse that explain he died in Virginia, would love to know if anyone has a source for that information?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Matthew Langl... 1436934135000 
thomasker2 1450789071000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic