Search for content in message boards

Brickwall: Caroline L. "Carrie" (nee KELLY) WALKER b. 1849 GA and d. ?1878

Replies: 2

Brickwall: Caroline L. "Carrie" (nee KELLY) WALKER b. 1849 GA and d. ?1878

Posted: 1486699518000
Classification: Query
Surnames: KELLY/WALKER/CALLAWAY
Caroline L. "Carrie" (nee KELLY) WALKER is my great-great-grandfather's sister. 18 years of searching has brought me to this point. She is one of my main brickwalls.
I am trying to establish a death date and resting place for Carrie!

According to a 3 page autobiography of by g-g-gf: Caroline L. "Carrie" (nee KELLY) WALKER was born in GA abt. 1849 to John William KELLY and Sarah Caroline (nee MARTIN) KELLY about 1849. I suspect she was born in Columbus, GA since her family IS listed in the 1850 Muscogee County Federal Census. She died about 1878, place unknown. Burial site UNK. She married Joel Wiley WALKER abt. 1869. Joel Wiley WALKER b. abt 1843 in AL. I suspect he was born in Chambers County, AL since this is where his parents were married and have been enumerated from 1850 to 1870. I also suspect lived there up until about 1879. Death date for Joel Wiley WALKER is unknown. Joel Wiley and Carrie WALKER had three children that I know of: Mary J for Jennie (Virginia) after Carrie's sisterJ; Joel Felix: and Willis N. WALKER after Joel's brother. I have been able to establish the last two. UNK about Mary J. after 1880. As far as I can tell there were no living relatives of these children.

Joel Wiley WALKER is the son of Meriwether T. WALKER and Julia Ann (nee CALLAWAY) WALKER. I have a lot of pertinent information about Meriwether, Julia, and family including there last known whereabouts until 1890. I do not know how Meriwether T. WALKER fits into the lineages of the other WALKERs of Harris County, GA if at all. Meriwether T. WALKER born 10 Dec 1816 in GA. He died in 9 Jan 1890 in Newnan, Coweta, GA.

Meriwether T. WALKER and his son Joel Wiley WALKER are both listed in Blue Spring, Harris County, GA Property Tax Digests from 1873-1877. Meriwether, wife Julia, and son Joel Wiley WALKER are also listed in 1873-1877 Troup County, GA Property Tax Digests. On one Blue Spring, Harris County Property Tax Digest documents he owns 157 acres and on the other one he owned 202 acres.

Up until today I have searched Troup County, GA; Coweta County, GA; Chambers County, AL; Russell County, AL; Macon County, AL; Lee County, AL for her whereabouts, dates, and resting place. I have been unsuccessful. I did NOT know, until today, that both Meriwether T. and Joel Wiley WALKER owned tracts of land in Harris County, GA until locating their listings in the GA Property Tax Indices. It is very possible and likely, since the family owned lands in Harris County, she could very well be buried in a Cemetery in Harris County, GA or in a family cemetery on the WALKER lands in Harris County, GA. (I also suspect Carrie died of child birth or maybe pneumonia or sickness since she was so young)

Please, if by chance, you have information or knowledge that will help me tear down this brickwall I would appreciate you contact me or post a reply. Or if anyone has a connection or knows the connections to any WALKER families in this Harris County area I would appreciate if you would let me know.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
crimsonice 1486699518000 
thomasker2 1486910641000 
crimsonice 1487002397000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic