Does anyone have info on the Smallwood family of Emanuel Co., GA?
Green Franklin Smallwood was born in Wilkes Co., GA on 22 Dec 1848. He married in Wilkes Co. 16 Dec 1869 Lucretia Louisa McCarthy. Lucretia died btn June 1900 and May 1909.
Green Franklin Smallwood remarried 9 May 1909 in Emanuel Co. Rebecca Lamb. Rebecca was born in GA c1850 and died prior to her husband's death on 15 Nov 1934. Green Franklin Smallwood was buried at Edenfield Cemetery at Swainsboro, Emanuel Co., GA.
Green Franklin and Lucretia Smallwod had at least 11 children; 8 of them were:
1. William, born c1872; died 9 June 1943 Emanuel Co.
2. Thomas Carlton (my grandfather), born 11 Oct 1874 Wilkes Co., GA; died 2 Mar 1956 Warren Co., GA. Married 28 Jan 1897 in McDuffie Co., GA Sarah "Sallie" Hudson Waters. Had 11 children: Boldin Green "Pete" born 1897; Lula Louise born 1899; Erlesmere "Lessie" Elizabeth born 1900; Thomas "Tommy" Carlton, Jr. born 1903; Fred Guy born 1905; Welborn Hill born 1908; Willard Elmer born 1911; Sallie Mae born 1914; Martha Washington (my mother) born 1917; Beulah Estelle born 1920; and Roza Virginia born 1923.
3. Burwell, born in GA 18 May 1877; died prior to 1900.
4. Bertram, born in GA c1878.
5. Claude H., born c1879 in GA; died 1917 in Emanuel Co. Married c1904 to Eliza Durden (1885-1970); both buried at Swainsboro City Cemetery. Son, Louis, born c1905.
6. Frederic G., born May 1889. Married Susie Echols.
7. Evie, born in Ga; died prior to 1900.
Our family has lost touch and I would like to contact a member of this family. Anyone with info, please contact me. I would be grateful! I am also interested in knowing more about Rebecca Lamb.