Search for content in message boards

Vautts/Vaults/Vautt/Watts/Nautts Surname in Delaware??

Replies: 4

Re: Vautts/Vaults/Vautt/Watts/Nautts Surname in Delaware??

Posted: 5 Apr 2011 11:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Conaway, Wharton, Knotts
Hello--I'm assuming that you are Lauren--I am Pamela Hunt and I received your message about Henry Y Conaway, my 3rd G Grandfather. His daughter, Margaret Jane Conaway b 1845 was mother to my Great Grandmother Martha Ellen Conaway-Wharton b 1876. Ancestry would not let me reply to your message to me so I had to go route you out!! thank goodness you were easy to find.

It would seem that we are related, but I had no idea there was american indian blood in the family. Perhaps that is why the Wharton family disowned Martha's husband Thomas James Wharton, when the two of them married.

I have Henry Y Conaway's wife name as Sarah Knotts b 1827 d 1880 and I believe I have a record of their marriage that I would be happy to share with you when I get back to my home (we spend the winters away).

If you were to happen upon any pictures of Margaret (Annie's sister), I sure would appreciate seeing a copy of that. Many thanks for contacting me--perhaps your information regarding the american indian blood would solve one of my decades old mysteries.

Pamela Hunt
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SussexCountyD... 5 Apr 2011 5:14AM GMT 
Pamela Wharto... 5 Apr 2011 5:47PM GMT 
Pamela Wharto... 5 Apr 2011 6:08PM GMT 
SussexCountyD... 6 Apr 2011 6:57AM GMT 
JimMoore9354 23 Feb 2012 10:10PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic