Search for content in message boards

DEXTER families in Killingly, late 1700's through 1800's

Replies: 0

DEXTER families in Killingly, late 1700's through 1800's

Posted: 1465913960000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dexter, Allen
Hello,

I've posted about these families in the past, but not recently. Just a short note for this morning !

I'd LOVE to be able to see a picture of some of the DEXTER men living in Killingly during the first half of the 1800's - or after that.

In particular, I'd love to receive a photo of Marvin DEXTER (son of Joseph), or his son, John DEXTER. John and Mary (CLARK) DEXTER left Killingly ~1885 and moved to Melrose, MA. At some point they took in a baby girl, and they adopted her in 1892. She was my grandmother.

For many years I have thought that Mrs. DEXTER could have been the maternal grandmother to the little girl. But, a DNA test last year showed that was probably not true. But, the possibility exists that .. Mr. DEXTER .. was the .. birth-father.

(The DNA test showed the ALLEN name was present. Both Joseph DEXTER and his son, Marvin DEXTER, married a Mary ALLEN. The older one was from a RI family, and the younger one from a CT family. But they might have come from the same "immigrant ancestor.")

I can write more during the week.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

(on Lists and Boards for 15+ yrs.; now an Admin for several)

P.S.

The genealogy Groups at Facebook have become quite popular. And, it is easy to post ancestors' pictures there.

Find a board about a specific topic