Search for content in message boards

Mooney/Guinan

Replies: 2

Re: Mooney/Guinan

Posted: 1472147472000
Classification: Query
Thanks Kit!
I don't think he was a veteran of the civil war, but I could be wrong. In his 1910 census he says no to being a civil war veteran, but I know how often censuses can have wrong/misspelled info. I also know there is at least one other Michael Mooney living in New Haven around this time based on the city directory. I am hesitant at this point to order this since this could be a different Michael Mooney.
I do have another possible relative that was definitely a civil war vet that I have been trying to tie to my family and this might be the way to do it. Thomas Guinan from New Haven, CT received a pension and his wife received a widows pension. If it's possible that I could get that much info in one place that would be great. My family thinks he's probably either a brother or cousin to my g/g/grandmother since one of his children and a grandchild were pallbearers at her funeral.
I have been trying to figure out which records are really worth the money to order and which ones are not worth it (His naturalization record was a complete bust :) )
Thank you reading my post and for the info. I really appreciate it!
Micaela
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Micaela Gibso... 1472041603000 
smudgenstuff 1472140449000 
Micaela Gibso... 1472147472000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic