Search for content in message boards

O'Reilly/Reilly lookup in New Haven directory 1945-50 & as far back from there as possible

Replies: 2

O'Reilly/Reilly lookup in New Haven directory 1945-50 & as far back from there as possible

Posted: 1085065918000
Classification: Query
Surnames: O'REILLY, O'LEARY, PRIESS/PREISS, CUSACK
Hi,
I'm hoping to get someone to look up a widow O'Reilly or Reilly who lived on Congress Ave., don't know the number. My friend Patti was about 3-4 years old living there with her mother, Mrs. Mary/May/Mayzie Priess. Patti is desparate to learn about where her mother came from in Co. Cork. She doesn't know but suspects Mrs. O'Reilly was related to her mother somehow. Patti remembers sleeping in Mrs. O'Reilly's bed with her and that she was very old then. At Mrs. O'Reilly's funeral, Patti's mother made her kiss the deceased on the cheek to say goodbye. Mrs. Priess's maiden name was O'Leary, parents Thomas and Ellen Cusack, according to marriage record of 1923 in Manhattan. I've run into one dead end after another trying to go backwards in time on Mary Frances (or Mary Ellen) O'Leary. In the 1930 census in New Haven, she stated her year of immigration to be 1913, which would make her having been about 8 at the time, although family lore says she was more like 17. Also, with the numbers on the 1930, she was born about 1905. Don't know if she came over with anyone because I can't find anyone on Ellis who has parents Thomas and Ellen O'Leary. Anyway, Mrs. O'Reilly/Reilly may be a clue. If possible, I would like to find the number on Congress Street, then cross reference to see who else lived there at that address, hoping to find O'Leary or something like it. Can anybody do this one for me?? Also, any advice on where to go from here would be deeply appreciated...
Thanks!
Jeanne
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jeannemarge 1085065918000 
CusaM2 1170864917000 
jeannemarge 1473349421000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic