Search for content in message boards

Charles Chadwick, Addie May Chadwick and a Portuguese guy

Replies: 1

Charles Chadwick, Addie May Chadwick and a Portuguese guy

Posted: 1474393081000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Chadwick, Jacobson
I am looking for information on the biological parents of my grandfather Charles Chadwick. He was born in Hartford, CT on Apr 25 1919. He was given to the state and lived in Hartford County Home in 1920 (8mos old)and Windsor County Home in 1930. He served in the Army in Panama City in 1940 according to the census. IHe met my grandmother while at the Windsor County Home, and he married her when he came back around in 1943 in Hartford,CT
I was told by my grandmother, Theresa (Wages)Chadwick that he told her he "was the product of a prostitute and a Portuguese guy named Jacobson.
Since then, my aunt has figured out her name was Addy May(Adelaide May Chadwick, however I can not confirm any. Supposedly she was living in Middletown Industrial School for girls when she had him and that an older sister was there as well and also had a baby boy that same year. I have found a few Addy Mays....but nothing to confirm...and a couple of them fit.I have done the dna test which shows I have Cape Verdean/Azores/and Portugal cousins, so I am almost positive the father was Portuguese. Charles was also either named after his father(Charles Jacobson) or her father (Charles Chadwick), though I am apt to lean more towards his father. I just have that hunch. If anyone has any info please message me. I check daily! I can also be reached at jade766@att.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Samantha Ther... 1474393081000 
Samantha Ther... 1484325941000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic