Thomas Tubbs m. Elizabeth Babb January 24, 1842 in Des Moines County, Iowa. They are still living in IA in the 1860 census, but by 1870 they have located in Breckenridge, Summit County, Colorado. By 1880 Elizabeth is dead and Thomas married Arvilla, b. in VT.
Children of Thomas and Elizabeth:
1. Denison L. Tubbs, b. August 1842 Iowa. He is in the 1870 census for Breckenridge, but by 1880 he is back in Des Moines County, Iowa. Married a woman who went by Margaret J. or Josephine. He was a civil war vet and died about 1917. They had 6 children, but in 1900 only one was living, Frank.
2. Avery Burton Tubbs, b. May 9, 1843 in IA, m. Mary E. Marshall, who was born in IA, d. Sept. 13, 1927 and is buried in the Dillon cemetery.
1. Arthur Thomas Tubbs, b. Sept. 11, 1874 CO, d.
July 16, 1926, buried Dillon cemetery.
2. Avery Burton Tubbs, b. Jan. 24, 1881 Summit, m.
Lellia Rikbey, d. 1946 buried Dillon cemetery.
3. Harry Earnest Tubbs, b. September 20, 1887 Summit,
d. 1955, buried Dillon Cemetery.
3. Clement Tubbs, b. September 1852 Iowa, d. 1902 Summit. I have no further information on him.
Any information on this family would be appreciated. My gggrandfathers sister was Elizabeth BABB Tubbs.