montrose obit and marriage lookup Collins/George

Posted: 1392921930000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1392922011000
Surnames: george collins foster
found this obituary in someone's public tree:
"Obituary in Montrose (Colo) Daily Press - April 4, 1973

MRS. ETHEL GEORGE

Services for Mrs. Ethel George, who died Sunday at 10:40 a.m. at Eventide Nursing Home, were conducted Tuesday at 2 p.m. from Kinseys's Montrose Funeral Home Chapel.

Organist was Mrs. Edwin Ala, who played her own accompaniement for the hymns, "Rock of Ages" and "The Little Brown Church in the Vale".

Casket bearers were Luther White, Ben Hunt, A.J. Wood, Fred Culver, Leo Ellis and Ralph King. Interment was in Grand View Cemetery.

A lifelong resident of Colorado, Ethel Collins was born March 20, 1889 at Colorado Springs to Thomas and LIzzie (Foster) Collins and spent her early life there. She has been a resident of Montrose since 1922.

In 1919 she was married at Montrose to Fred George. Survivors include a son, Frank George, Montrose; one daughter, Mrs. Josephine Conover, Ojai, Calif.: 10 grandchildren and nine great grandchildren."

I'm wondering if someone would be willing to find the actual clipping in the newspaper to confirm they have Ethel's father as Thomas, as I KNOW it is actually Morgan. So, I'm wondering if it's a typo or not.

found this marriage on someone's tree:
"Announcement in the Montrose Colo, Tuesday Evening, May 31, 1918
Marriage License Issued.
A marriage license was issued this week to Fred George and Miss Ethel Thompson. Hawley & Rymal sell Newlywed furniture for happy homes."

I'm wondering if someone would be willing to look up the marriage between Ethel Collins and this Thompson person, to try to confirm HER father.

I know there is a montrose genealogical society but I'm just hoping someone would perhaps be going to the public library and could look these up for me, please.

Thank you!

Find a board about a specific topic