Search for content in message boards

ELIZA A. CARKEEK ?

Replies: 0

ELIZA A. CARKEEK ?

Posted: 1510854621000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1510854793000
Surnames: Carkeek , Davis , Oates
Hello. If you've found this posting , hopefully you are one of those rare birds seeking out more information on the Carkeek Family of Silver Plume , Colorado.

This is bits and pieces , so bare with me , but , I am hoping it will help other researchers! I'm not a Carkeek , myself , but my Great Great Grandmother was Eliza A. Carkeek's sister!

Let's go back a few years , to Platteville,Wisconsin. John Davis ( sometimes misconstrued as "Davies" or "Daveys" ) and Mary Cox , both of Cornwall , immigrated to Wisconsin , and had their family there. Among their five children were Elizabeth ( my ancestor ) , and her younger sister Eliza ! I'm not sure what happened in Wisconsin , but Mr.Davis passed away , and Mary re-married to a Mr.Nichols. The family - Nichols - moved to Ontonagon,Michigan. Elizabeth married William George Oates , a miner , and they had two daughters there.Eliza married John Carkeek , also a miner , in Michigan , as well. At some point , before the 1880 Census , The Carkeek , Oates ,and Nichols ( minus the late Mr.Nichols ) Families , moved to Silver Plume , Colorado.

Eliza Davis and John Carkeek had , at least , 4 children: John , Mame , Laura , and Nettie. ( More in depth information can be found at: Findagrave.com ). After John's passing , Eliza moved to the Denver area.

Mary Cox-Davis-Nichols , passed away sometime between 1880 and 1890 in Silver Plume , as her son , and half brother to Eliza & Elizabeth , lives with the Oates family in the 1890 Census.

Elizabeth and William Oates had 6 children: Beatrice , Isabel , Joseph , Lena , Grace and Cora. After William's death , the family migrated to Cripple Creek.

Hopefully this information is of help to someone , or at least to folks doing family trees and noting John Carkeek's spouse as Eliz A. CARKEEK … now you know better!

Find a board about a specific topic