Search for content in message boards

Higgins' from Nevada Co., Cal.

Replies: 3

Re: Higgins Family, Higgins Corner CA

Posted: 1454240707000
Classification: Query
Surnames: HIGGINS
I found this site that states that Michael J. Higgins was from New York State.
http://patricia-nicholl.com/historicalWebsite/index.htm

Also:
I found out this past year that my 4th Great Grandfather, Simeon Higgins (b. 1798) of Eastport, ME went out to the Goldrush in his later years where he died in S.F. CA in 1865.
Two of Simeon's sons ended up going from Eastport and settled in Saint John, NB, Canada prior to this, where they remained and raised large families. I come from Simeon's son Nathan Augustus Higgins Sr.
Earlier tonight I found a transcript for a short piece in a NB Newspaper citing a letter being sent from Joseph Lochray of Bidwell's Bar in Feather River, CA mentioning David Barry and Simeon Higgins, both of Eastport, ME. (Found in the NB Archives public database)
This made me very excited as it was dated October 23, 1850.
Growing up in my family it was mentioned how our Higgins line came to MA by way of NB and that a relative of my ancestor, Nathan Higgins Sr and Nathan Higgins JR (who would move to MA), possibly an Uncle or Cousin, went out West and either Founded a town (My family referred to it as Higginsville or Higginstown) or became a Sheriff of a Town that was Named after him....
So at first I was thinking maybe my family got it mixed up or perhaps Simeon ran a business or something while he was out in Bidwell's Bar, but then I did a search for his name and Bidwell's Bar and found the above website; I plan on seeing if I can find anything further on any possible link between Higgins Corner and my Higgins family.
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jim Higgins 921153600000 
CarinVV 941544000000 
Sharon Albert 952084800000 
LadyAlaise 1454240707000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic