Search for content in message boards

Obituary request

Replies: 10

Re: Obituary request

Posted: 1228182887000
Classification: Query
Grant was originally from Pennsylvania and worked in the oil fields as did other memebers of his family. He moved to Ohio, then Illinois and then down to Oak Grove, Lousiana. Does anyone know if there was a good deal of oil around that location? He married Eva abt 1899. She was born Jun. 1871 in Ohio. They had two children: Morris (b. abt 1904 in Ohio) and Helen (b. abt. 1902 in Ohio). Helen married Edward M. Sloan abt 1922. They were living in El Dorado in 1930.

1930 Census, Union Co., El Dorado Twp, Arkansas
Sloan, Edward M., head, 38, M/29, LA, LA, AL, ?
Helen, wife 29, M/20, OH, PA, OH
Marie, dau, 7, S, LA, LA, OH
Mildred, dau, 5, S, LA, LA, OH
Edward, son, 3 5/12, LA, LA, OH
Jones, Eva, Mother in law, 58? Wd, OH, PA, PA

At this point, I am unsure of what happened to the family. I have the census records of this family for the previous years, but after 1930 I don't really have many options to track them down. I am not sure if they stuck around the area or if they moved again. I have been unable to find the burial spot of his wife Eva so perhaps they moved out of the area. I wonder where Grant had his surgery and where he might have died? This family has been quite elusive in my research. Thanks for any help you might be able to perform in your free time.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Resurrection2... 1228182887000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic