Search for content in message boards

StoneCoAr - New WebSite in Town

Replies: 3

StoneCoAr - New WebSite in Town

Posted: 1182623065000
Classification: Query
Hello StoneCountians:
I'm Charles,
My research in Stone County has been scratch and pick from just about everywhere the search term stone county arkansas will take me. For two years now I've watched the arstone website at argenweb. Not much activity going on there. I've seen some nice county pages from various places and states and have been working on some ideas for Our Stone County. I've been trying to get in touch with Myles, arstone coordinator to discuss these ideas. If you know him, maybe you could lead him here to respond to my requests. During my research for GOODWIN of Richwoods Township, 1880 - 1930, I've collected a bunch of data concerning Stone County. My GOODWIN line is brickwalled prior to 1880 and discoveries of County History started me to thinking that maybe a webpage is in order which lays out some fundamental knowledge about the County, and pieces together some of the resources I've found regarding Land Patents, Rectangular Grid Surveys, Acts of Congress - 1820, Land set aside for Public Sale and 1862, The Homestead Act, The Land Offices involved, Transportation - Roads, Rivers, Trains, Military Units, Census, and several more topics. The idea struck me to investigate this Board to see what people are looking for in Stone County. Now here's my idea. I've written an HTML type Stone County Web Site with my ideas for encouraging participation in Stone County Research. This page is in its informal draft stage at present and there are still a few areas of research necessary, but all in all the fundamentals are layed out...
Our Fathers that settled in the White River area prior to Arkansas Statehood actively participated in the formation of the Arkansas Territory, Communities were established, Population increased, and through their participation the State was Founded, Counties established, and the governments of such put into practice. I believe the same can be done in respect to a web presence for Our Stone County. It is ours. We should be proud to give ourselves and those researching Stone County the best dang web site on the net(forgive my boastfulness).
So with all due respect for the representation we presently have and the wonderful folks that give their time to give us what we have, I now make a motion we take it to the next level and I offer for your review and critique and submission of data Stone County Web Site graciously given the server space at RootsWeb Freepages on
http://www.freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~ctheflame/proje...
At the time of this post, the page is up for viewing and comment by way of this message board. It is far from being finished and the links are active but they don't take you to their respected pages yet as I am still building them. There is enough information though for everyone to get a general idea of what I'm trying to do.
With everyone's participation and input I believe we have a shot at being Stone County representation for the USGenWeb, ArGenWeb, RootsWeb, the Several Historical Societies, and the World Wide Web.
So, there you have it. Everyone is invited to participate.
Thanks for your patience with such a wordy post and Good Luck to All in your Journeys.
Kind regards, Charles
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ctheflame 1182623065000 
ctheflame 1182623394000 
rtknight 1182702483000 
Sue McCluskey 1182718395000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic