Search for content in message boards

Ethel Mae Grooms birth and death dates unsure approx 1925-1961

Replies: 1

Ethel Mae Grooms birth and death dates unsure approx 1925-1961

Posted: 1511633263000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Grooms and Mims
We are trying to find any information that we can about my paternal grandmother. She was supposedly born in 1927 in Forrest City, but we were told that she lied about her age and was actually 2 years older than she said which would put her birth year in 1925-1926. My dad's birth certificate states that she was 20 years old in 1948 but as I said rumor has it that she lied about her birth year. She had married one gentleman and then divorced him and married my grandfather sometime around 1946 or 1947. They had 3 kids, one of which passed away, and then they divorced sometime during the 1950s. Supposedly she had went back to her first husband. She died when my father was a teenager so sometime between 1960-1965 is the best range I can give. Her funeral was we believe in Leachville, Arkansas and buried in a small cemetery in the country surrounded by farms. In the late 1980s we attempted to find her grave, a headstone was never placed on her grave and we wanted to place one on her grave, but we were unable to find her grave. The two cemeteries that we had thought she might have been buried in both had their burial records lost due to fires, so if there was not a headstone or marker then they don't know where people are buried. My dad does remember that she was buried next to a very large oak tree but nearly ever cemetery has a large oak tree. His mother remains a mystery to our entire family, we cannot find a birth record, death record, or burial records. I would love if you have any leads that might help me to find more about her please let me know.

FYI-Her maiden name may not be Grooms but that is what it is listed as on my dad's birth certificate. The only documents that we can locate with her on them is my dad's birth certificate, his sister's birth certificate, and their brother's death certificate. I cannot even find a marriage certificate for her and my grandfather but the county records were they were most likely married does not have records online yet, it is Phillips county, to Robert 'Bob" Mims Sr.

Also she had a sister or half-sister that married my grandfather's brother so a set of sisters married a set of brothers if that helps jog any memories. Her name was Joann or Joanne or Jo Ann but that could be a nickname as well. She married Harry Joseph Mims but they divorced and he remarried, we do not know what happened to her either.

Thanks in advance for any help you might have.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Tiffany Mims-... 1511633263000 
patriciafunch... 1512014196000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic