Search for content in message boards

George Washington EDMON, DEATH CERTIFICATE

Replies: 2

George Washington EDMON, DEATH CERTIFICATE

Posted: 1391892588000
Classification: Query
Surnames: EDMON, MELTON, Stubblefield
Could someone please help me obtain a death certificate and/or obit for George Washington "GW" EDMON. He was born 15 April 1850 in Tennessee and died 18 November 1914 in Saline County, AR. Buried in Hicks Cemetery in Benton. DC # 1322.

He lived in Shawnee, Pottawatomie county, OK and was a deputy sheriff/marshal? (law officer of some kind). Perhaps a newspaper has an obit? It is not known if he was there to visit family or on some kind of business.

Survivors included his wife, Mary Ann (Melton) Edmon, sons: John William, Rhuben Alexander, Marion Columbus, George Wesley and Andrew Allen; daughters: Sarah Annie and Margaret Lena "Maggie" Edmon and Zola Dove (Edmon) Stubblefield.

His brother, John R. EDMON (1847-1893) was my great-grandfather. John died in Miller county, AR but GW never knew what had happened to him.

I have tried to order the DC thru Ancestry.com (VitalChek). They say it is not available. Have searched Newspapers.com but those cities/counties are unavailable.

If anyone is able to locate any info, please let me know and I will reimburse you for expenses. Thank you in advance, chris
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cmycrate 1391892588000 
LouJaneAdamsW... 1391893418000 
cmycrate 1391897238000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic