Search for content in message boards

Dotson-Spencer-Dorsey-Reeves-Murphy

Replies: 0

Dotson-Spencer-Dorsey-Reeves-Murphy

Posted: 1500929979000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1501468545000
Madison County, Arkansas
ISO biological parents of Joseph Murphy (married Emmaline Howerton), William Denton Jasper Harrison aka Cap (married Edgaregina Peebles), James Murphy (married Bertha Officer) and a few unknown sisters born between 1860-1880 War Eagle-Kingston-Huntsville-Hindsville-Wharton's Creek area. The boy's were farmed out to relatives and neighbors as young as eight or nine years of age. The boys took the last names of the families they worked for as children. Through family DNA we have discovered one parent was a Dorsey (Grandparents Bennett Franklin Dorsey and Ann Dennis) we thought the other parent was a Dotson, We now believe the Dotson was a grandparent or great grandparent through Eliza Spencer and William Dotson. Any help is greatly appreciated. The Armstrong's, Odom's, Caldwell aka Cantrell and Keck's are also good matches from McNairey and Henderson, Tennessee area originating from the Carolina's. Most of our third and fourth cousins are from Madison County, Arkansas. The first Sheriff of Madison County, Pleasant Miller Johnson was my 2nd great grandfather through my McAlister side,So I am related to the Combs, Counts, Johnson's, Mcelhaney's and Reaves. We have had to discover information on our own due to some unfortunate adoptions on this side from two consecutive generations. So as you can imagine we have no family stories to pass. So any and all information we will definitely treasure and freely pass on. My tree is always public. Thank you for any and all assistance. Theories, input, anything.

Find a board about a specific topic