Search for content in message boards

Membrance Jordan Siblings

Replies: 26

Re: Membrance Jordan Siblings

Posted: 13 Jun 2012 5:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jordan
I have had this note for a long time. FredaMembrance was my gggrandfather. His son Abe, brother to your William, was my ggrandfather. I have researched this line for many years and my brother has done the DNA test which indicated that there is no American Indian genetic material on this Jordan line. This supported the information that our family legend has had....our branch has never claimed Indian roots but some lines have. Annette Jordan Bradberry

Abe hauled salt from Mobile to Montgomery during the WBS.Membrance was my gggrandfather. His son Abe, brother to your William, was my ggrandfather. I have researched this line for many years and my brother has done the DNA test which indicated that there is no American Indian genetic material on this Jordan line. This supported the information that our family legend has had....our branch has never claimed Indian roots but some lines have. Annette Jordan Bradberry

Sarah Jordan, daughter of Abe Jordan and grandaughter of Membrance and Malinda Lawhorn,stated in the 1960s that Membrance was not an Indian. Malinda lived with Aunt Sarah and other family members for many years before her death at the age of 98 years and based on family correspondence in my possession, was a valued and contributing member until her death. So I feel that the information she imparted was correct, as the wife of Membrance.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
susan aldridge 11 Nov 2006 8:27AM GMT 
bradber 28 Oct 2007 4:18AM GMT 
susanaldridge... 28 Oct 2007 7:20AM GMT 
floridaboy25 1 Aug 2012 9:17PM GMT 
Mildred Stins... 9 Feb 2007 11:16AM GMT 
pat2bad2 9 Feb 2007 12:21PM GMT 
susanaldridge... 9 Feb 2007 3:48PM GMT 
pat2bad2 9 Feb 2007 4:16PM GMT 
floridaboy25 18 Sep 2011 7:36PM GMT 
FReda Noble 13 Jun 2012 11:04PM GMT 
per page