Search for content in message boards

Samuel Mays July 7, 1891 - August 13, 1956

Replies: 2

Samuel Mays July 7, 1891 - August 13, 1956

Posted: 1430691336000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mays
Hello, I am researching my great grandmother's father. Samuel Mays. There are a few floating stories that I want to get straight if anyone can help me. Now according to the family, Samuel Mays took Anna Pearl Mays from her mother because she tried to kill her as a baby. She was born on the way from Alabama to California in Texas. Anna's birth certificate does not give a county of where she was born. Her mother was placed in an hospital in El centro, California. We hear that her mother's name is Rose or Rosa. I did some research and I found a census with a Rose Mays Sana/Dana Mays married and a little girl Annie P Mays. I am trying to figure out what is going on here. Samuel Mays raised Anna as his daughter. According to the older people in El Centro Anna called Samuel's wife miss Mays and called samuel DAD. When Samuel died my grandma said she cried hysterical. He is buried in Evergreen Cemetery.Can anyone tell me anything about Samuel Mays , Anna Mays, Rose Mays or Sana/Dana Mays? Is there any Mays in Alabama?
Picture enclosed is a drawing of Anna Pearl Mays
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
PISFORPRECIOU... 1430691336000 
judyartley261... 1433630065000 
PISFORPRECIOU... 1433965805000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic