I am looking for anyone that has any information on the MARTINEZ family from Cerritos, San Luis Potosi, Mexico.
My Great-Grandparents were Rafael Martinez and Elodia Castillo from Cerritos, San Luis Potosi, Mexico. Together they had 10 children.
1. Maria Martinez (a.k.a. Maruca) Born in 1897'ish - Think her husbands name was Fernando Anaya. Together they had 8 kids that I have names on as listed below:
1. Graciela Anaya,
2. Celia Anaya,
3. Delia Anaya,
4. Francisco Antonio Anaya,
5. Maria Del La Luz Anaya,
6. Jose Luis Anaya,
7. Guillermo Anaya
8. Benjamin Anaya that married a woman named Lupe on January 28, 1949. Benjamin was also in the Military.....Not sure what branch. I have a a picture from his wedding and a picture of him in his uniform.
2. Asuncion Martinez -(aka- Concha) - Married Julio Montecinos - Lived on a ranch somewhere in Mexico. Together they had a daughter named: Maria Teresa Montesinos
3. Gregoria - Baby that died at 2 yrs old (I think)
4. Jesus Martinez -(aka - Chuey) Not sure of wifes name. I want to say her Maiden name was Zuniga. Together they had a daughter named: Maria De Guadalupe Martinez
5. Ignacia Martinez- (aka Chita) - B: 1900 -D: 1964- Came to US in the 1920's - Never Married
6. Jose Martinez- (aka. Pepe) - B:1905- D:1969 -Came to the US in early 20's.
7. Rafael Martinez -(aka. Rafa) - B:1909 - D: 1967 -Came to US in early 20's- Married Tomasa Coronado: had one daughter Maria del Carmen Martinez.
8. Consuelo Martinez- (aka. Chelo)- B: 1913 - D:2009 - Came to US in the 20's. - Never Married.
9. Esperanza Martinez- (aka. Pera) - B:1915 - D: Dec 2009. Came to US in the 20's- Married Andres Sepulveda and had 4 children:
10. Baby Boy that was stillborn
The story is that my Great-Grandmother Elodia died not long after the death of her last child. I know that my great-Grandfather is buried in Cerritos. (have a picture of his graveside from about 1957)
Brothers, Rafael, Jose and possibly Jesus came to the states to find work and would send money to the family in Mexico. Eventually, they sent for Ignacia, Consuelo and Esperaza to come live in the United states. They resided in Houston, Texas for over 80 years. Consuelo recently passed away on August 5, 2009 at 96 years of age. The last sibling , Esperanza Martinez Sepulveda past just 4 months later in Dec 2009, She was 94.
I believe we may have cousins in San Antonio, Texas also...Surnames included in this post are: MARTINEZ, CASTILLO, ANAYA, MONTESINOS or MONTECINOS.
My name is Lorenda Rios-Groce: I am the Great-Granddaughter of Rafael & Elodia Martinez. Daughter of Maria Del Carmen Martinez (Rafael Jr's Daughter)
I would appreciate any help I can get. I'd really like to find our family. I have plenty of pictures to share.