Search for content in message boards

DNA Testing Baja California Founding families-pre- 1800-The Californio DNA Project/El Proyecto de ADN de los Californios

Replies: 1

DNA Testing Baja California Founding families-pre- 1800-The Californio DNA Project/El Proyecto de ADN de los Californios

Posted: 1443328355000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Marron, Mayoral, Villavicencio, Cota, Arce, Aguiar, Carrillo
I have been researching Baja California founding families pre-1800 for over 40 years. Last year I rode mules from the tip of Baja California Sur (with 3 other women) to the US border at Tecate-4 months of hard work and pure pleasure. Along the way I searched out certain surnames of founding families-mission workers, soldiers etc pre-1800. I tested over 25 descendants of those soldiers and mission workers, choosing the surnames based on my database-mission records and the 1930 BCS census. Initially I am establishing the male Y haplogroup and try to test 3 men of each surname-men who have no idea of each other and from different areas of BCS. I will be returning next spring to gather more DNA. A few of the founding names I tested were Marron, Mayoral, Romero, Villavicencio, Higuera, Aviles, Amador, Aguiar and of course----ARCE, Cota, Meza....I am still looking for men in BCS with the surname of Carrillo who come from a long line of Carrillo men of Baja California. I have been traveling Baja California by mule for over 40 years and I feel very blessed to have had the opportunity of a LONG RIDE for those 4 months. I am also looking for Verduzo men of BCS. Muchas gracias! (I am also o2bnbaja1 on this list)....PS The best part of the trip was the rancheros and families that I spent time with. I am a Marron, Cota, Arce, Mayoral too!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
TeddiMontes 1443328355000 
coastliveoak 1446509358000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic