Search for content in message boards

Dean family from Ontario, homesteaded in Plenty, Hawarden from around 1904

Replies: 2

Dean family from Ontario, homesteaded in Plenty, Hawarden from around 1904

Posted: 17 Feb 2007 8:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Feb 2007 11:41AM GMT
Can someone do lookups for me in Saskatchewan Archives or any other place that you are aware of. I am looking for John langman Dean(or Deen), Jabez Smith Dean(or may be Smith Deen) and James Albert Dean(Deen). These men moved to Saskatchewan around 1904 or 1905 with their parents Jabez Smith Deen and Eliza. They were all there in the 1911 census. I am trying to locate descendents of John, James and Jabez junior. I have the Homestead records but I do not know where they went after 1911. I do not that they had sister Letitia who married a Howe and she is buried in Hawarden Cemetery.Another sister Mildred is probably also buried around Hawarden. The father was born in 1838 and was 73 in the 1911 census. John Langman Dean was listed in Biggar Saskatchewan on the Homestead records. I believe that Biggar is now probably part of Saskatoon.If anyone knows of Dean families that originally came from Ontario(especially the Hastings County area ) please let me know. Originally, the name was spelled Deen but often they were also listed as Dean. I am involved in a y DNA project and would like to find some male Dean members.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bonny20 17 Feb 2007 3:29PM GMT 
charlenemccle... 16 Feb 2011 5:09AM GMT 
bonny20 12 Apr 2012 6:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic