Children of SEEDS are:
i. THOMAS2 SEEDS, b. 1798, County Down Ireland; d. August 1866; m. ELIZABETH.
2. ii. WILLIAM HUBBLE SEEDS, b. 1805, Ireland; d. February 1882, Picton Ontario Canada.
Generation No. 2
2. WILLIAM HUBBLE2 SEEDS (SEEDS1) was born 1805 in Ireland, and died February 1882 in Picton Ontario Canada1. He married ELIZABETH WILDER January 27, 1834 in Hillier Hastings Co Ontario Canada2.
1851 Hallowell Co Ontario Canada-shows him to be a blacksmith, belong to the Church f England and live in a 1 story frame house with blacksmith shop. Hastings Co Directory 1889: In Trenton William Seeds - Sash & Blind Mfg - N. Stanley St, factory W. Front St. The name Seed/Seeds is English rather than Scottish, so Down, Armaugh, Fermanaugh would seem the most logical area to search...it would appear that the "homeland" of the Seeds family was a comparatively small area east of Downpatrick...
Children of WILLIAM SEEDS and ELIZABETH WILDER are:
3. i. THOMAS WARD3 SEEDS, b. Abt. 1835, Hillier Prince Edw. Co Ontario Canada; d. June 5, 1893, Trenton Ontario Canada.
ii. SARAH ANN SEEDS, b. September 24, 1837, Hillier Ontario Canada.
SARAH ANN SEEDS:Sponsor at baptism was Mary Wilder.
4. iii. STEPHEN NILES SEEDS, b. September 24, 1839, Hillier Ontario Canada; d. July 3, 1938, Toronto Ontario Canada.
5. iv. HIRAM SEEDS, b. June 1843, Canada.
v. WILLIAM H. SEEDS, b. 1847, Canada.
Generation No. 3
3. THOMAS WARD3 SEEDS (WILLIAM HUBBLE2, SEEDS1) was born Abt. 1835 in Hillier Prince Edw. Co Ontario Canada3, and died June 5, 1893 in Trenton Ontario Canada. He married MARGARET SCOBIE BAIN October 19, 1858 in Belleville Ontario Canada Presbyterian Church4, daughter of ROBERT BAIN and CHARLOTTE BROWN. 1861 Picton census lists him as a cabinetmaker , a Methodist, living in a 2 story house.
Children of THOMAS SEEDS and MARGARET BAIN are:
6. i. WILLIAM JAMES4 SEEDS, b. September 25, 1859, Picton Prince Edw. Co Ontario Canada; d. February 8, 1911, Belleville Hastings Co Ontario Canada.
ii. STEPHEN ALBERT SEEDS, b. February 19, 1861, Picton Prince Edw Co Ontario Canada; d. February 15, 1865, Belleville Hastings Co Ontario Canada.
7. iii. GEORGE BAIN SEEDS, b. June 25, 1864, Picton Ontario Canada; d. July 7, 1945, Long Beach California.
iv. THOMAS H. SEEDS, b. September 22, 1866, Union Mills Erie Co Pennsylvania5; d. May 12, 1942, Belleville Hastings Co Ontario Canada6; m. <UNNAMED>. The 16 cemetary plots are all occupied by Thos. Seeds offspring. It was given to him for building a substantial vault with stone taken from the Trent River bed,
8. v. CLARENCE EDWARD SEEDS, b. July 16, 1869, Union Mills Erie Co Pennsylvania; d. September 24, 1945, Buffalo New York.
9. vi. HIRAM SEEDS, b. June 5, 1870, Union Mills Erie Co Pennsylvania; d. February 15, 1920, Brighton Ontario Canada.
vii. CLARA ISABELLA SEEDS, b. May 31, 1875, Belleville Hastings Co Ontario Canada; d. July 26, 1928, Toronto York Co Ontario Canada. Apparently never married.
Generation No. 4
7. GEORGE BAIN4 SEEDS (THOMAS WARD3, WILLIAM HUBBLE2, SEEDS1) was born June 25, 1864 in Picton Ontario Canada13, and died July 7, 1945 in Long Beach California. He married MARTHA ANN HENNESEY December 24, 1885 in Trenton Hasting Co. Ontario Canada, daughter of JOHN HENNESEY and SARAH ELVIN. Married by Rev. Wm. Buchanan in Trenton Ontrio. Clarence Seeds anf Mary E.Hennesey stood up for them at marriage. Naturalized Buffalo NY. Records lost. Renaturalized in LA. Capt of Salvation Army post in Hutchinson KS from Aug 1908-Mar1912. Acquired property at 114-1116 W.
Sherman. Capt. Katie stationed in Kansas City1908. Dev. TB and came home. Went to Calif for her health.
Children of GEORGE SEEDS and MARTHA HENNESEY are:
i. LOVELL GEORGE5 SEEDS, b. November 1886; d. August 1887.
ii. KATHERINE VICTORIA SEEDS, b. March 29, 1888, Canada14; d. April 11, 1912.
Capt. in Salvation Army post in Kansas City. Dev. TBand came home to Hutchinson. Moved to California for her health but died anyway.
iii. LENORA MYRTLE SEEDS, b. January 27, 1890, Toronto, Ontario, Canada; d. January 20, 1968, Vallejo, California.
iv. SARAH OLIVE SEEDS, b. August 23, 1891, Rochester New York; d. June 19, 1971, Long Beach California.
v. THOMAS WARD SEEDS II, b. November 11, 1894, New York15; d. December 15, 1918, Corcoran California.
12. vi. EVANGELINE CORY SEEDS, b. May 27, 1896, New York; d. 1993.
vii. MARGARET MAUDE SEEDS, b. January 21, 1898, Canada16; d. November 1918, Barstow San Bernadino California17; m. WILLIAM STEIN. Called "Maggie". Married someone family
disapproved of . Drove on motorcycle. Died of Spanish Flu.
13. viii. IRENE ETTA SEEDS, b. March 20, 1901, Toronto York Co Ontario Canada; d. August 8, 1992, Santa Ana California.
ix. HORACE GEORGE SEEDS, b. July 1904, Canada18; d. June 11, 1918, Los Angeles.
Drowned in a swimming pool. Unknown cause. Was found in the corner of the pool at the bottom. No struggle and "no water in the lungs".
Generation No. 5
10. LENORA MYRTLE5 SEEDS (GEORGE BAIN4, THOMAS WARD3, WILLIAM HUBBLE2, SEEDS1) was born January 27, 1890 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada25, and died January 20, 1968 in Vallejo, California. She married BAYLISS HENRY MCCAIN December 26, 1910 in Hutchinson Reno Co. Kansas, son of JOSEPH MCCAIN and MARY MORSE. Dropped out of nursing school in Lawrence, KS.due to a series of infections in her ears and on her skin.
Children of LENORA SEEDS and BAYLISS MCCAIN are:
17. i. DOROTHY IRENE6 MCCAIN, b. October 27, 1911, Colby, Kansas.
18. ii. KATHERINE MARY MCCAIN, b. February 16, 1913, Colby, Kansas.
19. iii. ALBERT EDWARD MCCAIN, b. July 30, 1917, Barstow, California; d. November 14, 1988, Concord California.
20. iv. BARBARA HELEN MCCAIN, b. May 4, 1922, Albuquerque, New Mexico; d. October 1997, Reno Nevada.
I would appreciate any help with my family,