Search for content in message boards

Canfield Cemetery - Breckon lookup?

Replies: 6

Canfield Cemetery - Breckon lookup?

Posted: 4 Dec 2005 4:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hodgins, Brecken, Breckon, Marles
Hi - I wonder if some kind soul would do a lookup of ANNIE M. BRECKON in Canfield Cemetery, North Cayuga Township, to find out if any other info is provided, and perhaps see who is buried near Annie. Since there are no other Breckons listed for Canfield Cemetery, I believe she must have lived with people of a different surname.
I don't know if this is my Ann. Ann seems to have disappeared after the 1881 census!

I discovered that she was buried in Canfield Cemetery per Ontario Genealogical Society Cemetery Ancestor Search at http://ogs.andornot.com/OldFiles/CemeteryIndex.htm

Last Name, Given Names, Death Dt, Stone Ref, County,Township, Cemetery (ID)
Breckon, Annie M., 1889, Sect. B, Haldimand, North Cayuga, Canfield Cem. (2145)

Ann's maiden name was Hodgins. She married Christopher Breckon/Brecken in York County, ON in 1859. She was widowed by 1881. I do not know when Christopher died, or where he is buried.

Although I have information about her children, the last I've found on Ann was the 1881 census of Gwillimbury North, York North, Ontario as follows:

Name, Marital Status, Gender, Ethnic Origin, Age, Birthplace, Occupation, Religion
Ann BRECKEN, Head W, Female, Irish, 42, Ireland, Catholic
James BRICKEN, Male, English, 12, Ontario, Catholic
John LITTLE, Male, English, 38, Ontario, Church of England

I have no clue as to the relationship of Ann to John Little in the 1881 census. They may have been related in some way, or he may have worked for and lodged with Ann. (I even considered that she may have eventually married John Little.)

Ann's daughter Catharine Ruth Brecken/Breckon born 1861, married William Marles in 1877 in Newmarket, York County. Both are buried in Queensville Cemetery, York County.

Ann's son James Brecken/Breckon born 1869, married Lucinda Merryweather in 1891 in North Gwillimbury, York County.

Thank you very much to anyone who may be able to look up Ann & who is buried near her in Canfield Cemetery.
Sincerely,
Laurie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
hummer457 4 Dec 2005 11:49AM GMT 
David Braithwaite 13 Feb 2006 3:09AM GMT 
Laurie 16 Feb 2006 10:49AM GMT 
David Braithwaite 17 Feb 2006 4:52AM GMT 
phshleach 29 Mar 2012 11:31PM GMT 
phshleach 29 Mar 2012 11:31PM GMT 
Laurie 16 Feb 2006 11:01AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic