Search for content in message boards

McGLADE, Michael

Replies: 2

Re: McGLADE, Michael

Kathryn (View posts)
Posted: 1088808186000
Classification: Query
Surnames: McGlade, McCarthy, McNulty, Dunn, Menard, Mahoney
I have some McGlades from that part of Ontario in my tree, too. My great great aunt Catherine McCarthy married Arthur McGlade on Oct 16, 1899 at St. Joseph's Church in the village of Toledo, Kitley township, Leeds County. Arthur McGlade apparently ran a service station in Perth, Lanark County for many years.

If or how he fits in with your great grandfather Michael McGlade, I do not know.

In my files I have some notices from the Perth Courier, such as the 1905 death notice for Michael McGlade ....this must be 'your' Michael McGlade as it says he was born at Fork Hill, Co. Armagh in 1829 and was married to Bridget McNulty in 1851. There is also mention of a brother John McGlade also born in northern Ireland, died. 1891 as well as mention of his two wives, Bridget Dunn and Angeline Menard.

If these notices are of any interest to you, I would be happy to send them to you.

Arthur McGlade's wife Catherine McCarthy was the second-born daughter of Eugene McCarthy and Ann McDonald Mahoney McCarthy. She was born in 1876 in Toledo. Her older sister Ellen was my paternal great grandmother.

Any information you have to share would be most appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
michaelnorris... 969710400000 
Helen LeDuc 1087499405000 
Kathryn 1088808186000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic