Search for content in message boards

upper canada van velsors

Replies: 0

upper canada van velsors

Posted: 1502865925000
Classification: Query
My gr. mother was from the female side of the Van Velsers from NS. Digby Sandy Cove, around 1815 my gr.father Jacob son of Daniel came to S.ON. upper Canada to Pt Burwell area with others including his brother John who settled Iona he had 5 sons that were Doctors some went to the states he died in 1843 .My gr. settled in Calton near Pt Burwell , his daughter Phoebe was my gr. mother she married a Pritchard and had a daughter Aseneth named after her sister , she married a Bundy and their daugther Jemimah was my Gr gr.mother and is buried in the Calton cemetery with the rest of the pioneers, Jacob built the town hall in Calton around 1863 just before he died . The loyalist van velsors were from Long Island , Oyster Bay Daniel and his father William fought for the British and left ny in 1783 for NS and were granted 200 acres at Sandy cove . The earliest vv came from Amsterdam in 1660 to what was New Amsterdam ( NY) prior to that the family was known as the House of Velsors in Austria, and one was a baron and into Spanish silver mines .

Find a board about a specific topic