Search for content in message boards

MacCuspie family

Replies: 4

Re: MacCuspie family

Posted: 1533223453000
Classification: Query
Surnames: MacCuspie, Campbell, Notson, Guinn
Hi Soosi!

This is Debbie's daughter Stephanie. She asked me to respond to you since she's at work and I'm the one who does all the family research.

I was led to John as my mother's birth father through Ancestry and 23andMe DNA.
My mother was connected to a first cousin (and other cousins) who's name is Titia Ellis. Titia was adopted and she wrote a book about her journey in finding her birth parents. Her birth parents are Doris Phelps and Norman MacCuspie.

This is the info Titia relayed to my mother: "When I found my name in the book of births, I had that last name [Norman MacCuspie]. Which led me on a search for that last name. Although I have never been able to prove it, but there were conversations that led me to believe so. Thanks, Titia"

After doing some research, I connected Norman Edward MacCuspie and John Campbell MacCuspie as brothers. They have 3 sisters: Christine, Margaret and "Alex"andria. They're parents are Norman MacCuspie and Johannah "Hannah" Campbell.

The info you have on John, I have as well. I was confused though, about his birth date because like you stated, most records show it as July 24, 1906. This date is also shown on his headstone.
But this can't be, because his brother Norman Edward was born July 21, 1906.

I was unaware of who he was "adopted" by, so thank you for that info.

My mother was born May 12, 1949 in Celina, Texas....so John would have had to have been in Celina, Texas (or the Dallas vicinity ) around July-Aug of 1948. My grandmother's name is Helen Geraldine Notson and her parents are John Henry Franklin Notson and Fay Guinn.

My mother wanted me to pass along her phone number and email.
dpicard04@hotmail.com
(972)921-3665

Hope this info. helps and thank you for all your help! :)
Debbie & Stephanie

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dpicard04 1530810452000 
Soosi Monahan 1530865679000 
dpicard04 1533223453000 
KathleenLouis... 1533232183000 
dpicard04 1533245474000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic