Search for content in message boards

MORAN/MURRIN Family Research - Nova Scotia & Newfoundland Connections???

Replies: 0

MORAN/MURRIN Family Research - Nova Scotia & Newfoundland Connections???

Posted: 1361158686000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1532840290000
Surnames: MORAN, MURRIN, FITZGERALD, KING, SHEA, WHELAN
Hello, my search has hit the proverbial brick wall with my GrGrandmother, ANNE (MORAN/MURRIN/MURRANT, b. abt. 1880-1884 of Pouch Cove/Shoe Cove, Nfld) FITZGERALD. I really don't have much but here goes...

>> According to the first bit of info I found, my Grandparents' marriage certificate listed my GrGrandmother's name spelled as MURRIN...Grandmother, Helen "Ellen/Nellie" FITZGERALD, b. 1904 in New Aberdeen, Nova Scotia to Lawrence FITZGERALD & Annie (MURRIN/MORAN/MURRANT). Grandmother Helen married Grandfather John WHELAN (from Colliers, Nfld.) in 1924 in Sydney, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia...GrGrandfather, Lawrence FITZGERALD was b. 1882 in Small Point/Kingston, Western Bay, Nfld. (One of his aunts, Elizabeth, married a man named SHEA from Pouch Cove area in Nfld. - I was given this info from another relative). {Just to note here as well, GrGrandfather Lawrence's parents are Thomas & Eliza(beth)(nee KING) FITZGERALD from Small Point, Nfld.}

>> According to my Grandmother Helen's baptism record, 1904 (I found online), her mother's maiden/family name is spelled/recorded as "MORAN".

As well, I have GrGrandmother Anne's maiden/family name was also spelled "MURRANT" when she married in 1903 at Pouch Cove, Nfld to my GrGrandfather, Lawrence FITZGERALD.

In May 1905, my GrGrandfather was killed in a mining accident at Dominion 2. GrGrandmother and her daughter/my Grandmother then moved back to Pouch Cove, Nfld..she was pregnant with their second child who was born in November 1905 at Pouch Cove.

By 1910 GrGrandmother, Anne (MURRIN/MORAN/MURRANT) remarried to Philip EVANS in Pouch Cove, Nfld. After a few years, her oldest/my Grandmother moved back to Cape Breton and was working as a domestic. By April 1924 she married my Grandfather. Also, in 1931 her brother, Lawrence/my GrUncle married Elsie (BAILEY) in Cape Breton. They had a son, Ivan who died in 1939 who is buried at the Old Calvary Cemetery.

If any of my info is familiar or perhaps someone might have any leads that I could pursue, please contact me. Regards, :)

Find a board about a specific topic