Search for content in message boards

Ambrose Edward Tobin, Mary Elizabeth Kehoe, Sydney River, Nova Scotia

Replies: 2

Ambrose Edward Tobin, Mary Elizabeth Kehoe, Sydney River, Nova Scotia

Posted: 6 Apr 2012 8:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Apr 2012 1:03PM GMT
Surnames: TOBIN,KERMER,YOUNG,DENNY,HOWIE,HAITSMA,DALY,WILSON,ETC.
*Mary Elizabeth Kehoe and Ambrose Edward Tobin married 1906 in Cape Breton County, N.S.

*Nova Scotia NICHOLAS TOBIN, Cork, Ireland 1798 ANN TEMPERANCE WILSON 1807-1889

Hi,
I was looking around and saw Ambrose Edward Tobin in my tree, and possibly wanted to know if any of my names are in your tree. I have been a registered ancestry guest for a few years, so my ability to find new and important info is limited, until I can afford to have a paid membership…

I am one of those 'Tobins'. My name is Jim Tobin.

My tree is a 'Work in Progress'. It recently starts with my Father, Vincent J. he passed away in 1993. He had a brother named Francis Xavier Joseph Tobin, and lists my Grandfather as…

Richard H. Henry Tobin b.1893, married to Francis Kermer. Their kids were >
Thomas - 1845
Henry - 1848
Cassie - 1851
Elizabeth - 1852
Martha - 1871

Great Grandfather is William Henry Tobin, and was married to his first wife, Catherine Covey b.1846. then to his 2nd wife, Mary Doran Stapleton b. 1856.

Great-Great Grandfather was listed as Robert Tobin b. Dec. 14, 1865, Cape Breton, N.S., and was married to Elizabeth Lejenne Young b. 1867.

Great-Great-Great Grandfather is listed as > Robert Tobin abt.1850 Cape Breton, N.S., married to Jane Denny.

I have lots of other Tobins, but not sure where they fit in. Names like, Ambrose Edward Tobin, m. Mary Elizabeth Kehoe, Thomas Tobin, m. Agnes Susan Howie, Sydney River, Nova Scotia. Thomas Albert Tobin, b. Set. 12, 1909, m. Gladys May Van Haitsma.

I also have a Henry Vincent Tobin b. Oct. 29, 1848, Sydney Forks, N.S. married to Jane Ellen Daley b. 1850, apparently had the following 12 children >

Henry V. 1873
Vincent H. abt. 1874
Julia C. abt. 1875
Julius Catherine abt. 1875
Ann T. abt. 1877
Mary M. 1879
John Joseph 1880
Ella J. 1883
Edward N. 1885
Nicholas E. 1886
George W. 1889
Marcus A. 1890

I went to the Nova Scotia Genealogy site (http://www.gov.ns.ca/nsarm/genealogy.asp) and did a search for Ambrose Edward Tobin, who was married Mary Elizabeth Kehoe in 1909, in Sydney River, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. BUT, the witnesses were named as Nicholas and Agnes Tobin, (Agnes Susan Howie)

...but this marriage record also shows Ambroses’ dad named as Thomas, yes, but it looks like the last name was spelled “Lusen’, or ‘Lusan’, and not Tobin ???

There are many holes in my tree as far as the several Tobins, their spouses, and all the kids, but all the Tobins I would be interested in finding out more, if any of my names coincide with others researching the same family tree.
Any Information on these TOBIN names, or maiden names of their wives,or correct dates, would be much appreciated. Thank you! Go TOBINS GO!

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rivrratjim171 7 Apr 2012 2:53AM GMT 
BurdetteU 7 Apr 2012 4:32PM GMT 
rivrratjim171 7 Apr 2012 5:41PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic