Its been ten years since I posted the first query about Stephen Dawe. I am very interested in what new clues you may have.
I have only been able to trace my line back to William Henry Anthony and Bridget Dawe of Seal Cove.
My GGGrandfather William Henry Anthony married Bridget Dawe born about 1844 and died 8 March 1911.
Could Stephen and Bridget be related??
There are several reasons I was interested in Stephen.
(1) Stephen Dawe's daughter married Lavina Patience Dawe married Lorenzo Anthony son of Ananias Anthony born. After William Henry died in 1888 Bridget remarried William Morgan and one of the witnesses to the wedding was Ananias Anthony.
(2) William Henry Anthony and Bridget had the following children: William George (my GGrandfather), Isaac, Moses, Susanna, Robert, John, Stephen, Jesse, and Jacob.
(3) Stephen Dawe's children were: Albert, Robert, Jesse, Richard, Elizabeth Susanna, Lavina, and Isaac. You can see similar names.
(4) Bridget (1844) and Stephen Dawe (about 1850)were born six years apart.
(5) Stephen's father was Isaac. I was told that Bridget's father was Issac Dawe but there are so many Issac's and no one seems to have had a daughter named Bridget.
(6) William Henry Anthony was born 1835 and Ananias was born 1840. Was Ananias a brother to William Henry and when Bridget remarried was that the reason he was a witness to her marriage?
These are questions that I have...Any information your may have maybe the link to the mystery of Bridget and William Anthony.