A Loyalist, and apparently unmarried at the time, John Grindlay was granted half of Lot 2 (125 acres in all) on the upper end of Otnabog Lake (Pleasant Villa) 19NOV1785, shared with John Reed. This was just south of where Elm Hill, Hampstead Parish, Queens Co., NB.
John Grinley also had a town lot in Parr Town (Saint John) on 14AUG1784.
According to Bell (p. 117), John Grindlay arrived in JUL1783 as a single man with one ’servant’, in the transport ship, “Elizabeth”, in Company 22, headed by Nathaniel ‘Hortons’ (Horton).
In later years there are traces of a Grindell (and variations) family in the area, especially associated with the McIntyre family of nearby Elm Hill, Is there any other information before 1861?