Search for content in message boards

John McCutcheon

Replies: 1

John McCutcheon

Posted: 1483105711000
Classification: Query
My system is not providing me with a reply link, so I will have to respond in this manner via a new thread.
This is the correct family and I have now gleaned that John McCutcheon's first wife was Jane Monteith. As for his second wife; she is still unknown. I found one possibility in a marriage record fr0m 1874 for a John McCutcheon to Jane Johnston, Sunbury Co. The timeline fits as John was a widower in the 1871 census and has wife Jane in the 1881 census. I cannot confirm that this is correct however. This second Jane would be the mother of Elizabeth A McCutcheon and Sarah/Sadie B McCutcheon ages 6 & 3 respectively in the 1881 census.
The birth records of William and Margaret McCutcheon are definitely the correct family, as is the info on Joseph Albert McCutcheon [married Hannah Duplissea] and Jane McCutcheon Hamilton. They are all siblings of my g-grandmother Catherine McCutcheon who married John Montgomery in 1863. The family lived in South Clones, Petersville Parish, Queens Co.

It has been quite a challenge to sort these folks out. Thank-you for both replies; most helpful and appreciated! Heather Montgomery
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
hmontgomer 1483105711000 
Soosi Monahan 1483168217000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic