Search for content in message boards

David Sim Edwin Marshall

Replies: 5

Re: David Sim Edwin Marshall

Posted: 1486120628000
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Marshall, SIM Stevenson titua
I have been doing the Marshall family tree for about 10 years and David arrived in Wgtn in 1840 and according to My uncle he arrived on a freight ship that took a few Passengers. David is buried here in Christchurch in Linwood Cementary in area 31A and plot 55 and was 75 on death. He was only 18 when he arrived and being the last of 6 children probally took for the new colonies, as Canada was getting a lot from scotland and Ireland at that time. He lived and worked in wgtn as a painter and at first lived up old Ngaio Gorge road which is above the present one which i know well as I grew up on Kenya street Ngaio. After he married Merinda Felgate they had 4 children Rebecca Merinda, George Henry ( my G Grandfather) James Edwin Socular and finally John Robert on 2/11 1854 and then 6 days later Merinda Died from Childbirth complications and we have never found where she was buried but still suspect the old Bolton street Cem in Wgtn. The family moved into willis street wgtn before Merinda's death at only 34 years of age, and it seems the Daugther went down to Merindas parents George and Martha Felgate who while arriving in wgtn had shifted to Akaroa and farmed up Grehan road at the north end of Akaroa's main street. and they are buried in the descenters cem at Akaroa. The family talk of the boys being looked after around the back of Paramata/Plimerton but by 1861 David is recorded as owning Land on the OKAIN's bay road as a saw miller, and is listed on the local body list of people able to vote in local elections . The daugther married James Wright of the wright family that farmed at the right head of the akaroa harbour looking south, and they has one daugther Hannah Merinda, and when her mother took off when she was 7 to Australia with the coach driver from Little River she was cared for by James parents and in particular Grandmother Hannah and the little one was know as "little Hannah". She grew up and married Josiah Hunt the 6th child of the Famous Stephen Hunt of French Farm ( who fathered 25 children with two wives but that's another story) and they had 11 children with the last two being twins and the Family farm at mainia Hawera ,Southern Taranaki is still farmed by family descendants today . The Felgates had 7 children and came from Kent England and were farmers so adapted well to New Zealand. I have been recently working on the Canada end back beyond Davids Father, David Sim Marshall to his Father John Marshall who Married Jannet Sim and from Johns tomb stone we know they came from Ayrshire Scotland just below Glasgow today. They had 10 children and the 6th one Isabell died at 5/1/2 years and was the first white person Buried in the Scotchtown Cem where many of the Marshall/Sim family are buried. you can contact me on Marklinnut @ gmail.com as I'm entering a lot of this a legacy programme at present . The other question David would be where do you fit into our Ancestors family My Grandmother was Isobel Marshall who married John Stevenson and my Dad was Bruce their third Child,who Married Emily Hilton and I also are their third Son Bryan Stevenson, so trust this helps you a bit to fill in the back ground regards Bryan attached is a photo of the Josiah Hunt Family and David's father's Sister, Elizabeth and John TITUS ( love his leather waistcoat haha)
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Dave Marshall 1477794339000 
thomasamurray... 1477959879000 
Dave Marshall 1478076038000 
thomasamurray... 1478112067000 
Dave Marshall 1524995691000 
bryan stevens... 1486120628000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic