Search for content in message boards

Curley and Duffy in Chipman Parish

Replies: 3

Re: Curley and Duffy in Chipman Parish

Posted: 1171589919000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1540744173000
It would seem that we are closely related. My mother was a favourite of her grandmother, the former Ellen "Nellie" Estella Curley who, for many years during the 60's, lived and worked in Boston before retiring to Saint John. It would not surprise me if she resided in close proximity to a brother or sister there, namely your own kin. Perhaps emphasizing the closeness of this family, Nellie named several of her own daughters -- Emma and Ida -- for her elder sisters.

I have traced the Day ancestry back several more generations and would be pleased to share that information with you. With regards to any native heritage, I'm afraid that I have not yet discovered it. It could possibly originate with Granda Day's mother, Pamela "Milla" Allen, of whom I have not been able to trace any further.

Should I return to New Brunswick this summer as I would like, perhaps I will be able to investigate this possibility further. In any event, it is nice to have finally met someone from the Curley side of the family.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SWiencek 1170726134000 
Curt Mainvill... 1171109971000 
SWiencek 1171316739000 
Curt Mainvill... 1171589919000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic