Search for content in message boards

Richards Family of Greenwich Parish

Replies: 17

Salathiel Carpenter and James S. Jones

Thomas A. Murray (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2005 12:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
This is going to take a while, as the relationships are very complicated. For example, in 1901, Salathiel and Jerusha E. (Jones) Carpenter are in Lancaster Parish, Saint John Co., NB. With them is a 'Amellia Wallis', described as a cousin. Amelia is:

Amelia Deborah Wallace b. 10JAN1874, d. 14MAR1961, m. 23MAY1901 David William McKenzie

the d/o William David and Hannah Amelia (Flewelling) Wallace. I believe it was Hannah Amelia Flewelling's brother, Frederick Dibblee Flewelling, who co-signed the marriage bond for Salathiel and Jerusha. Amelia's husband, David William McKenzie (b. ca. 1841-3) is the s/o David and Mercy (Connors) McKenzie, who had a son, Zebulon. Mercy Connors was the d/o Thomas and Mercy (Jones) Connors. Mercy Jones was the d/o John and Mercy (Hildreth) Jones; therefore Zebulon Jones' sister.

Part of the difficulty is that the Flewelling's here are descended from Thomas Flewelling, Jr. Elizabeth Flewelling, whom I believe was the second wife of Zebulon Jones, Sr., was the d/o Enos Flewelling, Thomas Flewelling, Jr.'s brother. So, while David William McKenzie would seem to have an obvious relationship to Jerusha E. (Jones) Carpenter; it is not exactly clear why Amelia Deborah Wallace (although possibly distantly related) should be a cousin to either Salathiel, Jerusha E. or (possibly) to Margaret (Dibblee) Jones, Jerusha E.'s mother (who seems to have m. 2nd a _____ Williams.) In fact, the last is likely as Hannah Amelia (Flewelling) Wallace's mother was Ann Jane Secord Dibblee, d/o Ebenezer and Elizabeth (Secord) Dibblee; and I am beginning to suspect that Ann and Margaret Dibblee were sisters; therefore Hannah Amelia Flewelling and Jerusha E. Jones would be cousins, through the Dibblee's, not through the Flewelling's.

This is only one of several complex problems I have to work through. I THINK your suspicion that James S. Jones and Jerusha, Sr. were children of Zebulon and Jerusha (Peters) Jones is very valid; particularly in the case of Jerusha (Jones) Carpenter, Sr. I'll work on the problem for a while, and send the results to you directly. I'll have to look at the Carpenter's more closely as well. Too many Archelaus' for one thing.

Thomas
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
M.E. Carpenter 25 Jan 2005 4:47AM GMT 
Thomas A. Murray 25 Jan 2005 7:16PM GMT 
Thomas A. Murray 2 Feb 2005 6:53PM GMT 
Dawn Edlund 13 Feb 2005 4:55PM GMT 
Thomas A. Murray 14 Feb 2005 1:40AM GMT 
Angelle1960 6 Mar 2012 2:15AM GMT 
thomasamurray... 6 Mar 2012 5:14AM GMT 
KReynolds1960 7 Mar 2012 5:26AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic