Search for content in message boards

Peter Campbell/IsabellaStewart marriage. Lacombe 1921

Replies: 4

Re: Peter Campbell/IsabellaStewart marriage. Lacombe 1921

Posted: 1347347999000
Classification: Query
Thanks for the help. Sorry I should have said I know they didnt die in Lacombe but fairly sure they married there as per the form from the passenger list attacted.
The last known address of the pair was 210 Alfred Street, Kingston, Ontario where all correspondence to a now deceased relative stopped. My relative said in 2002 she couldnt remember when she had the last letter but it was a long time ago. Isabella Stewart was my grandfathers sister from a family of 8 children we were only aware of 2 my grandfather and his oldest brother. The carnage of the WW1 was mostly to blame for the lost knowledge and I am the first to know of the full family so see it as my job to trace what I can.
Isabella told a little lie on the passenger list by giving her age as 33 when she was in fact 40 (born Edinburgh).
Know she came back to Scotland between the wars and adopted a girl Muriel and took her back to Canada. Know nothing of Peter Campbell so was hoping a Marriage in Lacombe might give some information making them more easily traced. Dont know when they left Lacombe.
She had a brother John Muir Stewart who lived in Merriton, Ontario and he was killed in WW1 just a few months before his brother (my grandfather). John also we never knew existed until recently. I have all there is on him but must wait for the 1921 census to find out if he had children before his death 13/04/1916. His widow Isabella (White) moved to Port Dalhousie while he was on service and there is a May Stewart listed as a daughter with them on the 1911 census Thorald mispelled as STWART. She does appear on school lists for Port Dalhousie but the lists are sporadic and there are none which would have covered younger children.
Have gone on a bit but you can see the interest I have now and hope to get in touch with living relatives some day soon. Dont think Isabella Stewart/Campbell would have had any natural children hence the adoption but not proven off course.
Thanks again for your help,
regards,
Alan.
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
alanhstewart 1347119721000 
GoutbeckP59 1347135652000 
sstanger1 1347143028000 
alanhstewart 1347347999000 
sstanger1 1347563725000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic