Search for content in message boards

Ehmej, Jbeil District, Mount Lebanon, Lebanon

Replies: 0

Ehmej, Jbeil District, Mount Lebanon, Lebanon

Posted: 1537478295000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Boutros, Mousey, Younis, Maroon
My great grandfather immigrated from Ehmej at the age 17 as Maroum Boutros and was picked up by and uncle Thomas Maroon and traveled to New Bedford, Massachusetts where he lived his life. (Information from Passenger record) He went by Maroon Peter Moses as his formal name listed on important documents. He lists his father on his social security record as Peter Moses and his mother as Rathma Bolas.

There he married by great grandmother Mary Thomas Maroon who shows up in the 1910 census living in New Bedford, Massachusetts with her parents Thomas Maroon & Annie Maroon. I have a record of Thomas arriving in 1898 , married, traveling alone and was picked up by his brother Youssef Maroon going to New Bedford, Massachusetts. Thomas disappears before the 1920 census or dies, but can't find any record. Youssef Maroon appears to travel back to Lebanon to take care of the affairs of his father in 1912.

A large Lebanese population exists in New Bedford, Massachusetts, and sadly I have connected with DNA relatives from that area who have a rather large extensive tree on Ancestry but will not respond to any requests.

I discovered from another person living in this area that his grandfather Simon Mousey Younis and my great grandfather who I mentioned above, Maroon, (Maroon Boutros Younis as he referred to him) were first cousins, making their parents brothers. Then he referred to me to the relative with all the information; the keeper of the family history that he is not sharing.

Through DNA testing I am related to Thomas, Moossy, Khoury, but still unable to make a real inroads in solving this genetic mystery.

Any information or leads in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Sharon Simson ssimson1999@gmail.com

Find a board about a specific topic