Search for content in message boards

Searching for Hacopian Family History

Replies: 1

Re: Searching for Hacopian Family History

Posted: 1445556613000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mailian, Malian, Hagopian, Hakobian, Hacobian, Hacopian, Yacovbian, Yacoubian
Hello shrugs,
I know it's been over 5 years but maybe this is still relevant. I too am looking for 3 generations from Iran who were of the surname Hagopian/Hakobian/Hacobian/Hacopian/Yacovbian/Yacoubian. The patriarch of the family was named Simon Mailian who was born in Armenia around 1900 and moved to Tehran around 1930 and married Anoush Hakobian (see spelling variations above). They had 4 kids in this order beginning in the late 30's and through the 40's: Vartan, Amalia, Vrej or Varoujan and Varos. Vartan played soccer / football for some team that at one point traveled to Armenia, he had a daughter around 1959. Amalia went to Armenian school and read/spoke Armenian, by 1962 or 1963 she had finished college and was around that time married. By the mid-1960's she had a daughter named Shakeh (surname unknown). Vrej or Varoujan we don't know much about. Varos was the youngest and was still in grade school in 1963 when they wrote my mom's family. Varos worked in a hair salon in an export bank building in Tehran in the 1970's. By the mid-late 80's they left Tehran and moved to England or America. This is the information I have on the Hacopian's I'm looking for. If you're looking for the same family let me know I have more info such as a photo and 4 addresses from throughout the years. My wife, their cousin would love to meet them. We live in Boston, Massachusetts.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
shrugs 1278528671000 
avedianj 1445556613000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic