Search for content in message boards

Looking for information on Matkaroff and Guiroff families from Macedonia in 1800's

Replies: 0

Looking for information on Matkaroff and Guiroff families from Macedonia in 1800's

Posted: 1518149086000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Matkaroff, Guiroff, Mitredineff, Dimitroff
I am trying to find relatives to Manole Matkaroff and/or Evgenia Guiroff. They were my grandparents, but I never met them. They both came to America in the early 1900's, as young people, but did not know one another in Macedonia, although they came from the same village. My grandfather was born on 8/26/1895 and passed away on 11/25/1947. He had a sister, Zina Matkaroff, married to Kosta Dimitroff. Manole and Zina were the only two siblings that came to America. I understand the rest of their family was murdered in Macedonia. I would love to know how many children were in the family and if it is true the whole family was murdered. Their parents names were Christoff and Mary (Melcu) Matkaroff. The spelling of the last name is also known as Matcaroff.
My grandmother, Evgenia Guiroff was the daughter of Etcho and Dora (Mitredineff) Guiroff. Evgenia was born in 1903 and died in 1933. Etcho lived from 1878-1953 and Dora lived from 1882-1959.

Find a board about a specific topic