Search for content in message boards

Topali, Iane, Nicolitaru and Borova

Replies: 5

Re: Topali, Iane, Nicolitaru and Borova

Posted: 7 Aug 2011 11:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am not an albanian.

This is a brief summary of my research. Nothing is safe…

1. I would like to find out any information about the descendents of families NAUM TOPALI and his wife EFTALIA, that lived in Korce , ALBANIA , and moved in the 1900-1930’s in U.S.A( Boston ) and ROMANIA ( Bucharest ).
I try to find my relatives that came to America and that arrived initially in BOSTON , MA and then spread in other states from the U.S.
I have added announcements on many forums and I have worked with different volunteers.

2. After the searches made on the net I have seen that the only one family is in the Census Records from 1910-1930, SSDI and other official doccuments, at which the dates about emmigration date, establishment in BOSTON,MA,origins,etc, are similar to those from my relatives that emmigrated in USA. This is the James Topali(Topalis) and Tina(PLOTINA)Topali family,that had as sons:William Topali,Anastasia Topali,Nicholas Topali,John Topali and Helen Topali(Poulakos) . From these I believe that alive are only Nicholas(81 years,in MA) and John(80,in GA).
James Topali,born in 1878-1888,emmigrated from Greece-Turkey in 1916-1918,and lived temporary in Kings, NY and after that in Boston, MA,barber,decesed in 2.06.1943 in Boston, MA, or in oct. 1970, in Queens, NY.
( The Massachusetts Vital Records office : Boston 1943 volume 16 page 277 James Topali. Residence: 92 Beechcroft. Place of death: Boston City Hospital. Male, white, widowed. Wife: Tina Denarkles. Age 60? years. Occupation: barber. Born: Greece . Father: Efstratios Topali, born Greece . Mother: unknown, born Greece . Informant: Anne O'Keefe, daughter. Date of death: June 2, 1943. Buried Cambridge Cemetery , Cambridge , Mass).

3. The dates about the family relations between James Topali,TinaTopali,William Topali,Eleanora Topali ,David Topali,Antina Topali,Tina Topali,E.E.Topali,
Anastasia Topali,Nicholas Topali,Fidelina Topalis, Nicolas Topalis,John Topalis,James Topalis,Traci Topalis,Laura Topalis,John Topali,Nina(Merrell) Topali,Philip Topali,Kathleen Topali,Helen Topali,Harry Poulakos I have already.
Nicholas Topalis, was married with Fidelina (Deceased). Their children are Nicolas Topalis, John Topalis,James Topalis and Loretta Topalis ( who is now Loretta Castriotta); 2 of the boys married and divorced and then remarried.Laura Topalis was wife of John Topalis.Nicolas was living in Norwood . John living in Walpole and he is a co-owner of Bostonian Masonry Corporation. James is somewhere in the southern US.

4. I have sent e-mails and letters to all the TOPALI and TOPALIS (I found out that a lot of TOPALI changed names in TOPALIS) that are on the internet.
I got some answers. Nobody has confirmed that is my relative.

5. The name Topali(Topalis) is a relatively rare name on the net, and it is possible that lots of those with this names to be, still, in relation with the birth country, that was Greece . It appears that all named Topali became from a Topali family that lived initially in the region Athens-Thessalonikis from where they have emmigrated in world.

6. I believe that usefull info’s about the family Naum Topali and their descendants could be obtained from the members of the Topali family that still live in Greece (or Korce –Albania),but I don’t know and I can not contact them.

PS. I did English translation with Google translator. Apologize for any mistakes.

GNIROLF
gnirolf@yahoo.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
topali 7 Aug 2011 4:49AM GMT 
jasche 7 Aug 2011 4:40PM GMT 
topali 7 Aug 2011 5:28PM GMT 
shku89 25 May 2013 4:49AM GMT 
topali 25 May 2013 5:12AM GMT 
topali 7 Aug 2011 5:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic