Search for content in message boards

Conrad & Glaeser/Gläser (Schlesien)

Replies: 0

Conrad & Glaeser/Gläser (Schlesien)

Posted: 1152030519000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1152107748000
Surnames: Conrad, Glaeser, Gläser
I'm looking for any information on the following three people and their ancestors:

Husband's Given name and surname: Gerhard CONRAD
Date of birth: 28 February 1911
Place of birth: Deutmannsdorf Kreis Lowenbert, Schlesien (now called Zbyltow, Poland)
Date of marriage: 8 April 1934
Place of marriage: Koischkau Kreis Leignitz, Niederschlesien (now called Kojszkow, Legnickie, Poland)
Date of divorce: 17 July 1936 (Bl.3 d.A.)
Date of death: 17 June 1940
Place of death: Rancourt, France
Burial: Kriegsbraeberstaette in Andilly, France (Endgrablage: Block 32, Reihe 9, Gram 616)
Dienstgrad: Oberschuetze
Lesster Truppenteil: Feldpost-Nr. 15 371
Beruf (occupation): Arbeiter

Wife’s given name and maiden surname: Wally Meta Frieda Gläser (GLAESER)
Date of birth: 3 April 1915
Place of birth: Koischkau Kreis Leignitz, Niederschlesien (now called Kojszkow, Legnickie, Poland)
Date of marriage: 8 April 1934
Place of marriage: Koischkau Kreis Leignitz, Niederschlesien (now called Kojszkow, Legnickie, Poland)
Date of divorce: 17 July 1936 (Bl.3 d.A.)

Their daughter (my mother): Else Wally CONRAD
Date of birth: 20 May 1934
Place of birth: Koischkau Kreis Leignitz, Niederschlesien (now called Kojszkow, Legnickie, Poland)

These are my grandparents on my Mother’s side who were divorced when my Mom was only two years old. Whenever my Mom would ask my Grandmother about her Dad, the response was that she didn’t want to talk about it. My Mom also believes that he or his family may have been Jewish – or Jewish in the family somewhere – because she remembers hearing and understanding the language. Whenever she asked her Mom about this, my Grandmother would get very angry and tell her they are not Jewish and not to bring it up again. It may be understandable given the time and circumstances in Germany in the late 1930's, early 1940’s. Pictures of my grandfather are non-existent (having been torn off any pictures that my Grandmother had). My Mom would love to find out any information on her Dad before she passes away. She believes he had a brother. I have already found which cemetery he’s buried in and she was ecstatic about this information!

My Mother (Else Conrad) has no birth certificate either. I would also like to find a copy of that.

I've written to two addresses in Poland that might have records and received responses this week; however, they are in Polish. Can someone translate into English? I can scan and email the letters to you for translation and would be happy to pay a fee for this service.

If anyone comes across any information on these people, please email me at SunshineStamper2B@yahoo.com.

Thank you in advance!
Monika

Find a board about a specific topic