Search for content in message boards

Kohout Family near Krc, Czech.

Replies: 7

Kohout Family near Krc, Czech.

Posted: 18 Nov 2010 12:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Apr 2012 2:44PM GMT
Surnames: Kohout, Buryanek, Horalek, Zales, Kucera, Vopenka, Uzel

My g.grandmother was Bozenka (Bessie) Kohout, who emigrated from Krc, Czechoslovakia in 1913. She was born 9/13/1894 near Krc, Czechoslovakia, and died in 1993 at Akron, Plymouth County, Iowa, USA. She married Adolph Buryanek, and I have thorough information on all of her descendents and her Buryanek in-laws.

She joined her older sister (Alzbeta "Elizabeth") and older brother (Vojtech "Albert") who had emigrated a year earlier, and were residing in the Chicago, Illinois area. It is believed that 2 uncles, Uncle "Charlie" and Uncle "Thomas", (I believe them to be her father's brothers, thus Kohouts) sponsored these 3 siblings' immigration.

I have a list of Bozenka's siblings who remained in Czech, but only their names Americanized as they talked between themselves.
I have info on Alzbeta's family, who became a Uzel and a Horalek, and children married in to Zales and Petras families.

But I have no info on what became of the remaining siblings. If anyone has heard of these, I'd love to be in touch with you!

Vojtech "Albert" Kohout b. 1893 near Krc, Czech. Immigrated 8/5/1912 thru Ellis Island. married an Anna ??, believed to have worked in a butcher shop of Zermac Road in Chicago, Illinois. d. 6/11/1960 per a family diary. I recently found records of his 2 sons Albert Jr and Raymond. But I am still looking to make contact with this lineage.

"Joseph" Kohout, did not emigrate, believed to have lived near Krc, Czech.
"Frank" Kohout,did not emigrate, believed to have lived near Krc, Czech.
"Thomas" Kohout, d. possibly around 1966, did not emigrate, believed to have lived near Krc, Czech.
"Jim" Kohout, d. possibly around 1952, did not emigrate, believed to have lived near Krc, Czech.
"Anna" (Kohout) did not emigrate.
"Christina" Kohout, died at age 12 in Czech.
"Mary" (Kohout), did not emigrate

** "Names" are the Americanized version that my family record has. I have listed the known Czech names, if I have them, otherwise I can't be certain of birth Czech name**

Hope someone recognizes this family group. Also, Bozenka, Alzbeta, and Vojtech's parents were Vojtech "James" Kohout and Veronika Kohoutova.-- Veronika died about 1903.

I have a baptismal record identifying Veronika Kohout's father as Petr Kucera. I am starting to look for Kuceras as well.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JBHetrick79 18 Nov 2010 7:24PM GMT 
ZBeca 18 Nov 2010 10:48PM GMT 
JBHetrick79 18 Nov 2010 11:33PM GMT 
genea32 24 Dec 2010 6:12PM GMT 
JBHetrick79 24 Dec 2010 6:51PM GMT 
luckyhoneybkk 29 Apr 2012 5:27PM GMT 
JBHetrick79 29 Apr 2012 8:40PM GMT 
luckyhoneybkk 30 Apr 2012 12:24AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic