Search for content in message boards

REINBECK

Replies: 1

Re: REINBECK

Posted: 1490989983000
Classification: Query
Frederick Reinbeck was my great great grandfather. Your information matches mine. He was an orphan raised in Vienna by a wealthy uncle. He was well educated and spoke 4-5 languages. He entered the priesthood but had a change of heart due to the treatment of aged priests and nuns. He left and became a lace merchant bringing goods from London to NY. On one trip he arrived in NY and discovered that his partner had lost the firms capital in the stock market. Frederick quickly packed his inventory and sailed to New Orleans selling the lace. He then made his way up the MIssissippi and Illinois rivers to sparsely populated central Illinois and purchased farmland nearly Henry on the Illinois River in about 1836. He married his wife Harriet Hutchins Kidney whose father had also recently settled in the area. She was 21 years his junior. They had 5 children the oldest daughter Mary Jane married my great Grandfather James R Newman in 1863. I believe the male Reinbeck line has run out but not 100% certain. Do not have any more information on the family in Austria but would welcome it. Robert Newman
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
@@slwcew2@aol... 897134400000 
Andrew Aurbec... 1490989983000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic