Search for content in message boards

Robertsons of Bervie, Kincardineshire, Scotland

Replies: 1

Robertsons of Bervie, Kincardineshire, Scotland

Posted: 1517288838000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Robertson
I wonder if any descendants of this family would help me solve a 200 year old mystery. I am trying desperately to find someone who is directly related to any of the following lineage to help prove my great-great-great-great grandfather was the son of Thomas' grandfather, Robert Robertson, Sr.

I already have taken a DNA test, as has my 80 year old maternal uncle who is a Robertson to try to link up with anyone in this lineage!

James Robertson (1728-1787)
m. Jean Donaldson (born about 1734)

Their son, Robertson Robertson (1755-1814)
m. Anne Gordon (born about 1752)

Here's the dilemma:

I have the kirk papers wherein my gggggrandfather Robert Robertson's mother, Mary Paterson, acknowledges Robert Robertson Sr. fathered her child, but he denied this.

Mary had worked as a maid in Robert Robertson's home and, when she was first questioned by the kirk, tried to protect Robert Sr. by saying she had been raped outside the post office by an unknown person. However, the kirk did not believe her and she eventually admitted it was Robert Sr.

As very few of Robert, Sr.'s descendants can be found, I have tried to fine lineages through his son, Robert Barclay Robertson (1786-1858) a chemist in Aberdeen, Scotland, and to his grandson, Dr. Thomas L. Robertson (1815-1877), who was a surgeon in Parramatta, Australia, but to no avail.

If you are related through this family and have already taken a DNA test on Ancestry, please let me know so we can see if our kits have connected. If not, and you would be willing to take the test to see if we have a match here on Ancestry, please contact me so I can keep an eye peeled for your results.

My mother is in her 80's and has spent a half a century hoping to find absolute proof of her lineage. It would mean the world to her to finally have this very strange mystery resolved and to finally put to rest the story of my grandfather after 2 centuries of uncertainty.

Jeff Smith
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jasellyn 1517288838000 
Deana Curtis 1522528678000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic