Search for content in message boards

Traynor and Connelly family. Lochee and Dundee

Replies: 4

Re: Traynor and Connelly family. Lochee and Dundee

Posted: 30 Apr 2012 2:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
I think Jessie may be the Jessie Cunningham Connelly who crossed from Canada to the US in the company of her cousin Rev Thomas Connelly in 1952 (ref. ancestry). She was born in 1904 in Pollockshaws, Glasgow and was the daughter of Patrick Connelly and Cecilia Quinn. I think she was actually Thomas's second cousin and that her father Patrick was a first cousin of Peter C who married Ellen Owens. Peter's father, Thomas and Patrick's father Patrick were brothers (as far as I can ascertain as I can't find a death for Thomas)and they were living next door to one another in the 1871 census for Pole Park Road, Dundee.

Ellen Owens was the daughter of Patrick Owens and Mary Ann Owens nee Haughton. Patrick Owens died in 1871 and Mary Ann then married Michael Trayor. They had a number of children- half bothers and sisters of Ellen- Isabella, Edward, Mary Ann Jane,Joseph,Catherine,Susan and Leo Minnie. Susan appears to have died in 1955 and Leo Minnie in 1963 and both appear not to have married. Catherine died in 1923. Edward appears to have gone to pennsylvania in 1908 where he married Mary Susan Brady. He took US citizenship in 1917.

Hope this is of some help.
Isobel
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
PennyMathysen... 26 Apr 2012 5:54PM GMT 
kinshoni 30 Apr 2012 9:33AM GMT 
PennyMathysen... 30 Apr 2012 6:04PM GMT 
Isobel_Collia... 30 Apr 2012 8:07PM GMT 
PennyMathysen... 1 May 2012 8:19AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic