Search for content in message boards

Re Tansy/Egan family

Replies: 0

Re Tansy/Egan family

Posted: 22 Apr 2012 9:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tansey/Tansy/Greenslade/Egan
Looking for further information about my Tansy/Egan family in Sligo and Roscommon Ireland. Eliza Tansy married Patrick Egan about 1850 and the family ended up in Coolaney Sligo by the 1911 census. They had been married 61yrs and had had 16 children, 8 of whom were still living at that time.

My direct ancestor is their eldest? daughter Belinda who married in UK to William Greenslade. She returned to Ireland with son Charles Herbert and daughter Belinda May (b 1896 in UK - there are 2 Belinda May Greenslades within our family, second one is Belinda's granddaughter born 1919 West Derby Lancs UK), after her husband died. Not sure if she went back to UK after that but she herself died in 1940 in Sligo, I think possibly the town as there is no other location stated except for the street address. Charles was living with her at the time.

I would love to hear from anyone who might be a family member. Or anyone who may have further information about the family in general. I believe the Tansey line came from the Sligo area that borders Roscommon.

Find a board about a specific topic